Submission Deadline: April 30th 2020
Deadline Extension: May 15th 2020
Send submissions to polagraphicbr[email protected] (read specs below)
Polagraphic is a bi-annual magazine driven by the community with the goal of spreading knowledge and bringing us together around analog photography. Featuring colour and B&W instant photography, submissions are curated and published in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
We want to see work created by the individuals who share our love for instant film. Submissions are open internationally, no submission fee required.
To enter, please submit 1–2 series of work, with a total of no more than 30 photographs, a brief description of each series is required. Individual photo submissions will also be considered. All instant film photos, manipulations, mixed mediums and mosaics are accepted (Polaroid, Instax, Peel-apart, 8x10, etc). The only requirement is that the original medium is a physical instant photograph.
- Submit up to 30 images.
- Images must be at least 1500px on the shortest side, and contain no reflections. (Flatbed scans are recommended)
- Cropped polaroids, fake/photo-shopped frames or images with watermarks will not be accepted. (Writing on the frames will be accepted)
If your images are selected, you will be required to submit high-resolution scans of your work.
- Submit an artist biography (100 word minimum). Please include where you are from, how you started with instant photography, your influences, where you studied(if applicable), what your career is, etc.
- Submit a description of the works (100 word minimum). Please include what you are attempting to achieve with your analog work, what drives you to shoot instant photography, and a technical specs of each photo (Camera, film, shutter speed if applicable, etc).
Note: Do to the large amount of submissions we receive, you may not receive a response. We try our best to respond to everyone, but do not guarantee a response.
- The subject line of your email should state: “Submission: Polagraphic Magazine”
- Please attach your images to the email. (Google drive, dropbox links and .zip files are acceptable. Please name your folder/zip file: “Submission-Polagraphic Magazine-Your Name Here”)
- Please put all information into the body of the email:
- Your name, as you would like it to appear.
- Location (City, State/Province, Country)
- Title of each of photograph submitted, as you would like it to appear.
- Website Address and Social Media Links if available.
Send your submission to [email protected]
Have an idea for an article or topic that you would like to see in Polagraphic Magazine?
Please submit a PDF of your text to [email protected]
Subject line of your email should state: “Article Submission: Polagraphic Magazine”.
All authors retain copyright to their text. If selected, we'll work with you to have your piece posted and printed in the magazine.
By submitting photos, you must own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. All submitting artists retain copyright to their images.
You are granting Polagraphic Magazine a non-exclusive license to use the photograph in its submitted form, subject to re-sizing to fit the magazine format. Images may be placed on the Polagraphic Magazine website or social media accounts, artist recognition is provided with any use. Should you request your photographs to be removed from the website, we will make every effort to do so. However, please note also that third parties such as search engines or individuals may download, save, store or archive this (or any other) website with or without our knowledge. Polagraphic Magazine will have no control over such downloading and subsequent use and therefore cannot accept responsibility for any such use.
If you have any questions about the call for entry, please Contact Us!
Polagraphic is a community-driven publication with the goal of spreading knowledge and bringing us together around analog photography.
How can you be involved?
If you have an idea for an article or topic that you would like to see on our print edition, please Contact Us!